Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jobs.

 Honestly, I really didn't know exactly who Steve Jobs was until earlier this year. I knew that he had worked with PIXAR, and that he had worked on (made, if you will) the ipad, but nothing more than that. As the weeks went by, I learned little by little what he had actually done. Yesterday actually, I watched a whole documentary on Steve. It was quite interesting to me. I like the kinda stuff like that. Like the ones about Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg. But out of the bunch, I saw Jobs to be most inspiring. No offense to the other two. ;)  

  So I learned that he had worked with Apple and made some of the first computers. At least that is what I had gotten out of it. Being a 'tech-y' myself, the whole computer/ipad/iphone technology was really cool. What I wanted here was to just write something to express what I thought. Not to tell the world my interpretation of his life. Because I don't know the whole story. 

A book came out after Jobs had passed called, "Steve Jobs." By Walter Isaacson. I have yet to read the book, but I can't wait too. Tell me. If you have read the book, what did you think about it?                           

  I got on the world wide web in search of  quotes. Inspirational words and stuff like that.  I had only heard a handful of things he had said, and only remembered about hmm, maybe two fingers worth. Haha. This was my favorite:



“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs’ Stanford Commencement Address


  I like to think about how the technology world will be in 40 years. I mean, look at how everything has evolved since the 1900s! Of course, that is a long time. I mean when the computers first made their appearance in the world.  I don't know what year that was exactly, but it hasn't been that long since the first computer. And look where we are now! It kinda blows minds at this point. It's really quite interesting. 
 ~Natsu 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment