Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Post Period-Drama Depression.

The other day, sister and I finished yet another BBC miniseries Drama. This time, it was Little Dorrit. Adapted from the book written by Charles Dickens.

I thought it was rather good! Matthew Macfadyen has some really sweet roles (I'm not just saying this because I am obsessed with Mr. Darcy at the moment. Sorry Colin Firth. xD) and this was no exception! The whole mini-series consisted of 14 episodes. They are a half an hour each, so we tore through it with a speed unknown to human-kind. xD

WE HAD:

Mr. Darcy as Arthur Clenham:

Pride and Prejudice's Mr. Darcy (Matthew MacFadyen)
Matthew Macfadyen
Little Dorrit (2008)

I don't know why I chose that particular picture of Darcy. I just liked it, I suppose. Hmm. I have many more, so I *guess* I will just *have* to post them later. If I must. *Evil Grin*

We also had some Whovians on cast too!They just kept coming and coming!
For example:

Martha Jones as Tattycoram. But her actual name was Harriet. :)

Freema Agyeman aka Martha Jones
Freema Agyeman

Rory Williams as Edward Dorrit:

Rory Williams
Arthur Darvill

Oh dear, it was SO funny when he entered the scene and leaned up against the door! We were like, "IT'S RORY IT'S RORY NO WAY NO WAY!!." And then when Freema showed up, "They're popping out of the ground like daisies!"

And then we have Alonso (this guy is from Doctor Who. I think he only appeared twice. The Doctor was SO happy when he found out what his name was. For reasons that will become apparent. Hehe.) who was John Chivery.
Christmas Doctor Who
Russel Tovey

John was great. He was really, really sad because Amy had refused to marry him, but he got along pretty well after that and treated Mr. Clenham very nicely when he had hard times fallen upon him.

Little Dorrit

And then we have Fanny and Amy Dorrit. I think it is pretty apparent who Amy is. Aren't the ones named Fanny always dolled up so? That is so strange.

There are many other characters, and her father is someone who I think I may have seen in a different period drama. I don't know. I will have to look him up.

So now, since we don't have a show at the moment, we are looking into new ones that we haven't seen yet. I think the next one may be one called "Cranford." If I got the name right, Tom Hiddleston is in that one. He's only in two episodes, but I really would like to see him in something else besides Thor. I did love his character in War Horse. And when I realized who it was, I was sad when it was a full scene of horses and soldiers running, and then warfare and such, and then, horse-no soldier. That was the last we saw of him. Same with Benedict Cumberbatch's character. He got taken by the Germans and we never saw him again.

Oh, and on that Cumberbatch note, I am watching Sherlock. My hold should come in by Saturday. Yay for Libraries!

Bye bye,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment