Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Stone Table.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the deep magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery, is killed in a traitor's stead, the stone table will crack, and even death itself would turn backwards."



 I believe I first saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe when I was 11 years old. I was amazed by everything. The story, the characters, the setting, the music. The music was wonderful and completely matched the film in every way. My favorite part of the whole movie was when Aslan was killed. Although I don't know quite why...Maybe it was the fall of a hero....I really can't say...

 For those of you who have not seen this film, I apologize for the spoilers. 


Anyway, I was able to again see this movie the other day. I watched it from beginning to end. Not missing a thing. And again I cried when Aslan was killed at the stone table. The quote above has to be my most favorite quote from Aslan. If you haven't noticed, he is my favorite character.


The one part with the stone table is all I really wanted to bring up. The first time, it is a bit frightening. The creatures, the Witch, and again, the music. Really the music helps everything become more realistic, frightening, magical, etc. The end of that scene, when he comes back, is what really makes me gasp every time. Then you smile.   Long Live Aslan!

 Even though this wasn't so much about the movie as it was my experience, I hope you enjoy. I have been meaning to write this  forever. I think there may also be one more post before this day ends...

Later,

~Natsu

No comments:

Post a Comment