Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Howl's Moving Castle. My new Obsession ^^


I know, I know, I haven't been here in a while. And I have neglected this post since Wednesday. It was just late that night when I finished the movie, and Paranormal Witness was on. That's my honest excuse.

 So, to get this started, here is my review for Howl's Moving Castle.

Okay, first things first. Howl's Moving Castle is a Studio Ghibli film directed by Hayao Miyazaki. The release date for the USA was in June, 2005. I believe that Disney had Pete Doctor, from Pixar, in charge of dubbing it into English. It was based on a novel by, Diana Wynne Jones.

All I have to say about Doctor's work, is this.HE COULD NOT HAVE CHOSEN A BETTER VOICE FOR HOWL IF HE TRIED. I am serious. That was the PERFECT voice for that character. And I am not just fangirl-ing out! It was that good! The voice of Howl is a man by the name of, Christian Bale.

   Some Cast members include, (in English)
Jean Simmons -Grandma Sophie,
Christian Bale-Howl,
Lauren Bacall-Witch of the Waste,
Blythe Danner -Madame Suliman,
Emily Mortimer -Young Sophie, 

and Billy Crystal, as Calcifer... That was basically epic. 'Cept now, whenever I hear Billy's voice, I only think Mike Wazowski. I don't know if that's a bad thing, or a good thing. Lol. 

 All in all, the story was good. I liked the smaller elements, *Spoiler Alert* like when Howl had his melt down, (which was kinda pathetic, but I liked it just the same. It was funny. ^^) And other things, like the funny things Calcifer said, and so on. I don't wanna spoil it, so I won't say anymore.

 But the basic plot of the story was great. I read that it was a little different from the novel...So the original book will be on my list of books to read. 

 Now, don't get my started with the animation. Because I love 2-D animation. I love how the Ghibli films are just that. I grew up with the older anime and such. Little did I know at the time, that they were Anime. I was a child, so things like that were just, cool shows. ^^

 Anyway, I kinda went off on some memory lane there...Back to my point. I liked it all. The character design, music, animation, colors, script, everything. I know it may sound like everything pleases me, but there are some movies where I will just sit there and complain. But this was awesome. The minute it started, I instantly liked it. So- I was glad that is was almost 2 hours long. 

 I know only a little bit of Ghibli's work, sadly. Ponyo, and Kiki's s Delivery Service, and this one, are honestly the only films I have seen. My anime/movie watching had a rough time actually happening, but now I plan to see every one of the movies. 

 That's it. If it makes any sense. Haha.

In the end,  it was awesome, and I totally recommend it if you haven't seen it. 

 I shall be back. My foot has fallen asleep and I must go walk it off. That and Surviorman is on...hehe. 

 Later Days! ^^

  ~Natsu 

No comments:

Post a Comment