Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Well...I'm back.



 Hello,

 I thought I would leave the blogging world for a little bit to see if when I returned, something new might have happened. Results: well, nothing happened. I became bored of the real world and decided to come back. AND HERE I am.

Thank you, thank you.

The remainder of this post will be a piece of my mind. That piece being what I thought about a movie I had seen on Saturday.

That movie is called....THE CAT RETURNS! YAY!

 
The Cat Returns is a Ghibli film (of course ^.^) directed by Hiroyuki Morita of Studio Ghibli.

 The story follows a teenage girl--voiced by Anne Hathaway in the English Dub--who ends up going to the Cat Kingdom. I will keep this short because I don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't--but want to--see this film.

 I have to say, however, it was really, really good! As it would seem, The Baron--who was my favorite character in this movie, of course...Cuz, come on, he's a cat, he has a suit, and well, he had a British voice. I learned that Cary Elwes (during lots of bonus footage) doesn't actually speak normally with an accent. That made it so much cooler. But I have gotten off track, if you can follow where I left of, kudos :)--was also in Whisper of the Heart. ~deep breath~ His full name is Baron Humbert von Gikkingen...

 I find myself preferring Ghibli animation/films over Disney's older ones such as Cinderella. Even the older ones from Ghibli--examples being Princess Mononoke and Castle in the Sky--look amazing! The way that they do animation in Japan is--to me--quite different from how we do it here in America. And maybe, just a tad better. But I am not bashing Avatar..No way.

 Examples being, they use brighter colors when coloring their images/character/backgrounds in. Everything is brighter and cleaner looking. With Studio Ghibli, their scenery is just amazing! This is because they have such talented staff. Talents in painting with oil and such. It's amazing what they can do.

 Ah, well, I must go now. I am in the middle of a book called Defiance. Not to be mistaken for that show on SYFY or the video game. I'll probably post something about it. When I finish it's 70 some chapters... ~wink~

Until then, enjoy.
Natsu


No comments:

Post a Comment