Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

RETURNED I HAVE!

Hello, I am back. I am sorry for the lack of posts, but somehow, I just haven’t been in the mood to blog. I haven’t been on the computer much at all. I joined a summer reading program (2 actually) at the library and I have been, you guessed it, reading.

 Besides that, I have been writing like, all the time. I have been trying to get somewhere in my character development and plot. It’s hard when I am trying to drive the plot when there is really no villain. I mean, he began as a villain type, but I decided against it. I don’t know how mentally stable he is going to be, but everything he does, he believes that it is good. So, I don’t think that’s really being a villain so to speak.

I have been staying up until midnight working on these types of things. I listen to the soundtrack The Phantom of the Opera until I know every pitch and every word. I have gotten pretty good at “Think of Me” in both ways that it was sung: with Carlotta and her soprano and accent and then with Christine and her high notes and softer, less overpowering voice. I love The Phantom of the Opera. It was pretty late when I first saw it. It was on a PBS station, the Broadway performance. It started at 10pm and I was up pretty late watching it. I thought it was amazing. So, after months pass and such, my sister gets the movie version from the library. I watched that twice.  The Phantom is portrayed by Gerard Butler, I believe. And I am still thinking whether Raoul’s actor sung better than Gerard…I don’t know yet.

Yeah, it is a little creepy, the whole thing, but I think it’s awesome. If you listen to the lyrics real close-like, you get a better picture of the Phantom and what he is trying to get. I read a comment on the internet somewhere that it was a bit, uh…stalkerish, I think that’s what it said. Yeah, maybe, but not in a creepy, "I look at your Facebook page every 6 minutes creepy." That was an example…I don’t really know anyone that does that, and I myself is not on the Book of Faces…so…

It’s a different kind of stalking. One brought on by loneliness and love and a tortured childhood.

So there.

 I also have been listening to other things, like different movie soundtracks and just music in general. I have been trying to listen to a wide range of music. I found out today that there is like a secret, non-existent track 13 on One Republic’s Dreaming Out Loud album. It’s basically just a jazzed up version of track 4, Apologize.

I have listened to The Hunger Games soundtrack, and that was pretty good. All of the songs just screamed Panem, District 12, the Games…everything. And the Civil Wars are on there, so really, that's a no brainer. The only one I didn't really like—and that’s mostly because I am not into the beat box, rock and roll, blow your eardrums out music—was The Ruler and The Killer by Kid Cudi. I liked the Maroon 5 song on the album, Come Away to the Water. That was cool.

I have also been trying out stuff like Jason Mraz and Owl City. I couldn't believe how much I was digging Owl City’s All Things Bright and Beautiful album. That was amazing! I wanted to dance so badly!! :D Out of the Jason Mraz stuff, I have only listened to Love is a Four Lettered Word. That was a good album. 

Yeah.

That’s about it.

I finished reading “The Looking Glass Wars” and I have found out that there is a screenplay in the works for 

it. SO YAY! It was a really good book. Really good.

~~Natsu~~

No comments:

Post a Comment