Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Heather Dixon.

Helllooooo alll!!!!! It's been so so long since I have written! And I have this post cooking up in brain about Christmas and the cookies and everything! But I haven't uploaded the pictures onto my computer yet, so I have nothing to display at the moment. So I have a totally different post in its place.

My sister found something out the other day that was kinda, sorta amazing. There is this a girl called Heather Dixon that writes a blog called Story Monster. She is a storyboard artist, and an amazing, funny-funny-funny person. Margaret sends me her blog posts if I miss one of them. I don't know how many times my sister quotes one of her posts. At least once a day, probably.

ANYWAY. The other half of this story is that there is a book called "Entwined." It is a really good book. We both read it last summer when we were reading stuff for the Library contest thing. We didn't end up winning...but we did get so find some amazing books. Entwined was one of those. It is about this Princess Azalea and her 11 sisters. If I can remember correctly, the kingdom was losing money and after her mother died, things changed. Like, dramatic change. The king forbade dancing, mostly because (I think) it reminded him of his wife. So, they found a way to the magical world and that is where they met the Keeper. The Keeper lets them come every night to dance. It works out for a while, until the Keeper decides he doesn't want them to leave.

Here is the description from the book. I just though I would post it--it is really cool.

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her... beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing... it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

The Keeper was like, the best character ever. He kind of reminded me of the Phantom from the Phantom of the Opera. And GOSH, he was so cool.

And then he began to get really creepy...

And by the end, I couldn't decide if I hated him or still loved him.

And the greatest part about this is that the Heather Dixon from Story Monster wrote this book.

Agh, it was awesome to find out. Because, if you go through her blog posts and read and see and everything, that is totally a book she would write. She likes some of the older movies like Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. And if you read the book, her blog, and then think about it...they all just match up.

On a side note, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is amazing. Go watch it.

HOURS OF MUSICAL FUN!!!!

*cough*

Heather's latest post is called "Time for Limes." Look it. You gunna dig it.

Yeah.

That's why I want to be a story-boarderr so badly. I would get to hang out with people like this.

♥♥♥

~Annie~

No comments:

Post a Comment